- With the Postal Service seemingly going under because nobody writes letters anymore, and the junk mail solicitors no longer able to support this once-proud federal (?) agency, why is most - nearly all - of my voluminous email junk?
- Why do people who insist on "Friending" you on Facebook resolutely refuse to type a simple "Thank you" when you wish them a happy birthday, considering that the only reason you even know it's their birthday is because Facebook told you so?
- Why did I wake up from a horrible nightmare this morning all about false friends and advantages taken? Really, now, isn't it time somebody took a deep breath, got a grip, and moved on?
- Why, when all I want to do is feel sorry for myself and worry about that medical procedure I have to face today, do I have to make time to drive a certain somebody around town to look for a rug for the living room?
- Why have I been cursed with the kind of body that requires a daily shower?
- And why did I shave off most of my beard so I could have a fancy little goatee that doesn't really make my face look thinner? Now there's more skin I have to shave than I had to shave before, and I'm scarring here!
Lemme hear ya say it with me now, "No, thank you!"
The specialist examined me and decided that my infection is responding to the medication she prescribed. For this reason, she decided the time was premature for a biopsy. She will see me again when I have finished the regimen and decide then whether I am clean and fit to remain in polite society or in need of getting gutted. (She was personable today. She actually touched my right arm with both her hands and smiled as if it were a perfectly natural thing to do. Made me feel like a man.)